Friday, October 11, 2013

Merry Go Round

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to take the time to update you all on my dads health status. As you all know, over the summer he was declared  "cancer free" and things were going quite smoothly. During the month of August however, he developed a severe line infection. The doctors at Mayo couldn't quite figure out what kind of bacteria was in his body but eventually they determined that it originates from corn plants and pineapples. We still have no idea how he managed to contract such an infection but nonetheless he did and as a result his blood counts began dropping dramatically. At first there wasn't much concern over the falling numbers but just this month he went in for a bone marrow test and the results were concrete. The cancer is back. His bone marrow test showed about 10% blast cells (cancerous cells) present in his body. He began chemo on Wednesday of this week and goes everyday until Sunday. He will do this same schedule three weeks from now and then again in December. As a family we have been doing well with the news of the cancers return, or as well as can be expected. My dad is a fighter and he has loads of support. Thank you all so much. I will be posting weekly on either Saturday or Sunday from now on! 

Laura Katchmark

My family is my happiness and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment