Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Greatest Graduation Gift Ever

Good Morning Everyone,

What a good morning it is!! I am graduating from Champlin Park High School today and I am so thrilled! High school has been a truly wonderful experience for me but it has also been a part of the greatest sadness I have ever known. Half of my high school career was spent wondering how much time my dad would have left here in the world. Today however, marks a great accomplishment for both of us... all of us actually. It symbolizes the determination that we have to reach one common goal, and it proves that time is truly what you make of it. Today I am the luckiest girl in the world! 

I would like to give you an update about how my dad is doing. Last time I posted, my dad had received the stem cells from his brother John and he was doing alright. Currently, he is still doing okay but is suffering from either a cold, or allergies. The stem cells aren't doing much for him either so the question that is now developing is, when will the next stem cell transplant be. The doctors haven't really given us too much of a plan yet but what I do know is that my dad will be getting the rest of John's stem cells on Thursday the 12th. After the 12th we are "winging it" until further notice. Thank you so much for you endless amounts of love and support! Go out and enjoy the sunshine and give someone you love a hug with both arms:) 

Laura Katchmark


No comments:

Post a Comment