Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Heartfelt Thank you

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

Sometimes I start out a blog post by saying, “where do I begin?”, but today I know exactly where to start! Wow! What a fabulous party this past Sunday was! I was simply thrilled to see and meet everyone, and to see my family so happy! My dad keeps walking around the house saying how blessed his is to have so many people in his life who are so incredibly supportive.  He loved seeing familiar faces, and meeting people who were complete strangers. It was a truly humbling experience and I will remember it for the rest of my life.
To make this benefit happen, many hours of hard work had to be dedicated and I’d like to recognize and thank some of the people who really outdid themselves. Firstly, I would like to thank my dad’s siblings (and families) and my grandma. Uncle Dean, uncle Kevin, uncle Steve, uncle John, aunt Brenda, aunt Cheryl, and my grandma Bena. These people took on the responsibility of planning, collected donations, and ultimately put together absolutely everything! Throughout the entire benefit, they worked the different tables, and made the event flow smoothly. I would also like to thank everyone who donated something for the silent auction or for the bake sale. Both events were extremely successful. Finally, I would like to thank everyone who came, donated money, or sent their thoughts our way. I am so grateful to all of you. The burden of paying for medical bills, and gas (especially) was greatly eased. All that is left is for my dad to get well!

Again, we are so humbled, so grateful, and so touched that so many people care about what my family is going through. It was such a good day and hopefully we can celebrate my dad’s recovery all together sometime soon. Thank you. 

Laura Katchmark







No comments:

Post a Comment