Thursday, September 4, 2014

Jail Break

Good Evening Everyone,

Things have settled down a bit in life. I am moved into college, my mom and dad are together again (mom had mono recently), and my little sister is back at school as well. My dad is doing well especially compared to where he was at only a few weeks ago. He is eating, his intestine has healed and the chemo succeeded in bringing his blast count down to about 5%. Another important update is the fact that he is no longer in the hospital. He is being seen everyday and still needs more care than normal but it is such a comfort to know that he is out in the world again. I wish I could provide more detailed information, but this is what my family and I know. The only thing I can add is the reassurance that the doctors are still hoping that my dad will be cured. Any prayers or positive wishes are always appreciated. Thank you.

On a bit of a side note...

College!! Its already been such an adventure. Before I left I was still thinking I was in a dream, but now that classes have started and my dorm smells all too real, I know that I can believe it. My roommate is awesome, and my professors seem very nice despite their quirkiness. I have one professor who wears a Hawaiian shirt everyday and another who says "Hella" all the time. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it makes class so much more amusing. My only wish is for my family to begin to heal now. I believe my dad will make it through and what a gift that would really be for us all. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Laura Katchmark

" We don't spend time examining the doors that have already closed, we open new ones where they didn't exist before and walk through with immeasurable strength, and love. "
- A quote I made:)

No comments:

Post a Comment