Thursday, January 24, 2013

Good Evening Everyone,

These past few days have been very restful for my dad. On Monday my family and I went up to Duluth for a day trip. My dad drove the entire way there and back. We got some of our favorite smoked salmon and went shopping in canal park. I haven't seen my dad that happy in a long time! Next week on Tuesday my mom and dad will be going down to the Mayo for a consultation and the U of M will come later in the week. Because organization has been an issue between Methodist and the possibilities for the transplant, we aren't sure when he will have to go. Another thing that has come to my attention is that I haven't specified what kind of a transplant my dad will be getting. With leukemia being a cancer of the blood there are usually two options for a transplant. There is a bone marrow transplant, and a stem cell transplant. My dad will be getting a stem cell transplant. This procedure is just like getting a transfusion but it will talk so long because he has to receive chemo and radiation, wiping out his entire immune system. I hope this helped clear things up:) Thank you for your love and support!
~Laura Katchmark


No comments:

Post a Comment