Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tough Decision

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Its amazing how the time has flown by. After two consultations, one at the Mayo clinic and one at the U of M our family is left with the toughest decision of our lives. Where do we go. From a statistical stand point the Mayo is more appealing. They are ranked fourth in the country for cancer treatment. They have a very nice facility and their staff is very friendly and cautious when it comes to hygiene (hand washing and masks). Being that it is so far away, my mom would have a very hard time working and would have to live down in Rochester with my dad. As for visitors my dad truthfully believes that your love and constant caring got him through the first round. I know its very far away but if you ever get the chance please stop by (if we do end up at the Mayo). It made such a huge difference in his well being. The last few days have been very sad. We all know what is coming and none of us are ever going to be prepared for it. The only thing we can do is continue to remember how special family is and take it day by day. Once our decision has been made I will update the blog. Until then, make sure you let someone in your family know just how much you love them because at the end of the day they are the things that matter.
~Laura Katchmark




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Laura, I love you guy's and think about Tim and pray for him everyday! You are all on my my mind and in my heart. I believe!!!!!!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete