Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chemo: Take Two

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am sitting here in class and decided to post just a quick update. This is the second round of chemo for my dad and it will last throughout the week. He is doing okay thus far but the chemo has kicked in a few times. When this happens he usually feels nauseated and pretty tired. I am so proud of him however because of the strength that he shows everyday even when he isn't feeling very well. I will give you an example that made me so happy and I know that he was thrilled as well! As I have mentioned in previous posts, deer hunting and hunting in general is a hobby and passion for my dad. For as far back as my memory can go, I can picture him going out in the cold November mornings getting ready to sit in the quiet and peaceful woods. I know it is like a sanctuary to him and the stories that he shares are some of the best I've ever heard. This year, despite all the odds, he got up and sat outside and got two deer! It may not have been the most exciting season ever but he fights the leukemia everyday. He has three days left of this round and then he has one more to go in December. I will post again on Sunday after this week is over. Have a great rest of the day! Thank you for all of your support!

Laura Katchmark

You make the best of it. I learn from you everyday. 

KEEP GOING DAD!!!! YOU ARE KICKING ASS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment