Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 16/100

Good Evening Everyone,

Sarah and I spent a wonderful weekend down in Rochester and just got back today! It was so nice to see my parents and to know that things are going okay. We got to stay in a hotel for the two nights we were down there but the transplant house isn't a bad place to be. They have a lot of rules but we got to cook a few meals together, and I played the piano they have for my dad. Originally the house was an old mansion, but they converted it for transplant patients. Kitchens, living rooms, and private rooms are all available and they have lots of little nooks and crannies which adds a touch of coziness to an otherwise lofty and rather sterile environment. As for my dad, things are going wonderfully! The stem cells are taking root and he is feeling great! He has been able to eat more and more with less anti nausea medication! Hopefully he will be eliminating all of the anti nausea medicine within the next few weeks. We got a bit of sad news this weekend. Uncle John Thrun died and my dad asked me to say that he will be missed. My loyal and adventurous hunting buddy also passed away. Sam my dog was almost 15 years old and he will also be missed. I will post again next Sunday. As always thank you for your love and support!
~Laura Katchmark

life, friend, quotes, sayings, cute, happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment