Friday, March 29, 2013

Day Minus Seven

Good Evening Everybody,

My family and I are in Rochester and yesterday my dad was admitted to the hospital for his chemo. Today he started his first round at six in the morning and was extremely tired and a bit depressed. He gets the chemo three to four times a day and will get the less toxic chemo for four days and then the very strong chemo for two days. These rounds of chemo are meant to completely wipe out everything meaning all of his counts will be at zero before the transplant. The transplant is still scheduled for April 5th so if everything is going according to plan my dad will receive the cells his brother John donated. I hope you all have a fabulous    Easter and as always thank you so very much for all of your love and support.
~Laura Katchmark


2 comments:

  1. We continue to keep all of you in our thoughts every single day and saying many prayers for your Dad. He is a very strong man and we all believe he can beat this!!! I know these next weeks ahead are going to be very difficult for all of you. Know that you have so many people that love and care about all of you and are fighting this with you. Your Dad has a whole army behind him fighting/praying for him!!

    WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!
    Dean, Jess, Katelin, Meagan and Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! Thank you very much for such a nice comment. I cant thank you guys enough for what you have done for my dad. Dean was so brave and I'm just very thankful that he didn't have anything serious. I know it means a lot to my dad to have his family behind him and he has said that his visitors and his phone calls from his brothers have kept his attitude positive! As for me, comments like this make my day and this whole thing more bearable. Thank you so very much!

    Love you all!
    Laura, Sarah, Tim and Beth

    ReplyDelete